Thursday, January 12, 2012

Books perhaps?

I just thought I would mention a book series I have have read and what I thought of it.

(Book cover straight from the authors site Heather Brewer's Site)
This is the first of 5 books in a series called "The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod"

As you can already tell, it's about a teenage vampire. Now I understand any skepticism off the bat because of the newer hollywood renditions of vampires *coughtwilightcough* but this is actually a rather enjoyable series.

It takes you through 8th grade and the rest of Vlad's high school life in the following 4 books. Without giving too much away he was grown up to not feed on humans and his life takes a big turn when he finds out he is being hunted by others. Very good series in my opinion if you enjoy vampires and the occasional High School level read.

Solid 8/10 for a well put together series, 6-7/10 if you don't care much for vampires though.

So what have you all been reading? What are your interests? Can't wait to hear!

5 comments:

  1. I have been reading older books that are incredibly boring but my boss demands me to do it... Stuff that's been in print for over 100 years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to get back into reading fantasy, not enough time in the past few days.
    Another neat books you can read are the 4 books in the series of "watch"es by Serifie Lukyanenko. has some vampires in it but focuses more on the magic side of fantasy world. Really interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading a book called the boy in the striped pyjamas, it sucks. Got yourself a new follower though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea for the series. It's not fair for people to classify a book just by the teeth on the cover.
    I've been reading some intriguing zombie stuff lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, and what zombie books? I love the genre. :)

      Delete